Thursday, May 1, 2008

$600 laptop + Linux = AWESOME!

I'm using Compaq Presario C702TU laptop which is between $450 to $550. Bought an additional 1GB RAM which I think for only $45. Installed Ubuntu Linux on it, And VOILA! I turned my cheap laptop into a super powered laptop.

Right now my baby could run any possible application that would come into my mind, without having to fear on crashing or getting a virus from internet or from those pesky flash drives.

I tried running Innotek Virtual box while surfing and viewing Youtube and its great! So if you're tired on having those worms and virus which makes youre online or pc experience very limited, then try Linux...Ubuntu linux to be exact.

E-mail me at bamboozled.instructor@gmail.com and maybe we could share some notes, you know like a buddy system wherein we can share our knowledge and know how on this wonderful operating system.

No comments: